WKL Qualifier Texel 2017
September 18 – 20, 2017
Texel, The Netherlands
Freestyle Qualifier League Event
In addition to the WKL Freestyle Elite League Event that will be held at Paal 17 on Texel, The Netherlands from September 21 to September 24 2017, Texel will also be host to a Qualifier event for participation in the 2018 WKL Freestyle Elite League. In this Qualifier event riders compete for the title of 2017 WKL Qualifier League Champion and for a spot on the 2018 Freestyle Elite League Tour.
The 2017 Texel Qualifier League event will be organized to determine which riders qualify for the 2018 Elite League tour. All non qualified riders will have to enter to have a chance to participate in the tour next year.
Freestyle Elite League Event
For information about the Texel 2017 WKL Freestyle Elite League Event, please see the main event page.
Notice of Event
WKL Qualifier 18 -20 Sept/WKL Elite 21-24 Sept 2017 Texel, the Netherlands.
This event is sanctioned by the WKL and governed by the WKL Rulebook only! The WKL Rulebook may be supplemented by written Event Instructions,
- Freestyle discipline only for Qualifiers and Elite riders
- First mandatory skippers meeting Qualifier League 11.00 on the 18th registration will for the Qualifier League 18th between 08.00 and 10.00. Elite League will be registration 20th between 15.00 and 16.00 skippers meeting 21th on the 09.00.
- Openings Ceremony at 20th00 hours at location Paal 17 Texel
- Prize giving ceremony Qualifier 20th at 17.00. Prize giving Elite League 24th directly after finish Final.
- No registration fees are payable for the Elite League and 100,00 for the Qualifier League.
- Advertising obligations might be applicable.
- There will be secured storage for riders equipment (see diagram WKL website)
- Air temperatures may vary between 15 to 24 degrees Celsius. All possible windspeeds may be expected as it is one of the windiest places in Holland.
- Water temperatures around 17 degrees Celsius. The North sea produces Flat, choppy and waves depending on wind direction and wind strength.
- Contest director will be Olaf van Tol and Head judge Jean Giovanni. The Judging Panel will be introduced at the first skippers meeting.
Order your spectator tickets now!
View all the action of the WKL Kiteboarding World Cup event on Texel from the front row! A spectator ticket gives you access to our spectator stadium positioned right in front of the competition area. With riders from 20 countries and music provided by the Sublime FM DJ’s it promises to be a spectacular event.