WKL Freestyle Elite League Event, Egypt 2017
November 7 – 11, 2017
RRD Center, El Gouna, Egypt
Freestyle Elite League & Freestyle Qualifier League Event
The Egypt stop of the World Kiteboarding League World Cup will be host to both a Freestyle Elite League Event and a Freestyle Qualifier League Event. The Freestyle Qualifier Event will be held from November 5 through 7 and the Freestyle Elite League Event from November 7 through 12. Please keep an eye on this page and the page for the Egypt Freestyle Qualifier Event for more information as soon as it becomes available.
El Gouna had started as one man’s search to find the most beautiful spot on the seaside to build a house and small boat jetty. Now it has become a town with an active diverse community who make it flourish.
It is one of the world’s most popular kiteboarding destinations and for good reason, with it’s flat waters, stable winds and warm temperatures it is simply a paradise.
Last year El Gouna hosted the WKL for the first time along side other world class events such as the PSA Squash World Tour.
This year the WKL is coming back and the El Gouna Elite Riders Cup will be held at the all new RRD Center El Gouna by Creativity Surfing Egypt.
We expect the town to flourish with visitors from all around the Egypt and the rest of the world to create an atmosphere like no other.
Last year Carlos Mario and Karolina Winkowska took the WKL titles, this year we will be expecting another epic battle between the top elites such as Youri Zoon, Bruna Kayija, Alex Pastor, Annabel van Westerop and Aaron Hadlow.
As well as seeing the top riders we are extremely excited to see who is going to make it through the qualifiers, we might be in for a surprise as the upcoming generation of young riders will be proving what they’ve got in order to make it to the top.
We look forward to welcoming all the riders and fans for another action packed week in our humble town El Gouna.
NOTICE OF EVENT
5 th NOV – 12 th NOV, 2017
A World Kiteboarding League Tour stop Event
- The El Gouna RRD center kiteboarding world cup will be held from the 5th of Nov until the 12th of Nov.2017 (Day of Registration 4th Nov for the qualifier league and the 7th of Nov for the Elite league Prize giving for Qualifier league on the 7th and for the Elite league on the 12th).
- First mandatory skippers meeting will be on the 5th Nov. at 900 AM
- The event discipline is Freestyle . The event gives full points for the overall WKL Freestyle Tour
- The total price money is E 30,000.- (thirty thousand Euro).
- Openings ceremony will be on the 4th of Nov. at 17.00 at the event site.
- Prize giving and closing ceremony will be right after the finals
- The event organizer is Francesco Sodini
- The event will be based in El Gouna beach site. There will be secured storage for the equipment. Conditions to be expected: Flat to choppy waters (around 25 degrees ) and air temperatures may vary between 15 to 25 degrees Celcius.
- This is a World kiteboarding league sanctioned event governed by the WKL rule book.
- The WKL point system will apply to the Freestyle discipline.
- The WKL code of conduct.
- This Notice of Event (NOE).
- ENTRY REGULATIONS
- No registration fees are payable for the competitors in the Elite League and for the Qualifier league it will be 100 euro.
- Freestyle discipline is limited to 24 competitors in the Elite league and open registration for Qualifier league can only be online till the 27th of Oktober.
- Caddies, coaches and team personnel will report at the registration office on the 4th Nov in El Gouna at the event site. The event schedule can be found on the World kiteboarding league.com website
- Kite boards may be required to carry event advertising in compliance with the WKL rule book
- The Organizing Authority will supply the Lycra vests, stickers and instructions for their use.
- The only event advertising stickers and/or Lycra vests that may appear on equipment and may be worn are those issued by the Organizing Authority of the Event in which the kite board is currently entered.
- Lycra vests shall be worn over the harness while going afloat at any time during the event. Competitors shall not deliberately cut or tear the Lycra.
- Contest director is Olaf van Tol and Head judge Jean Giovanni. Judging panel will be introduced at the mandatory riders meeting.
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- Competitors take part in the competition at their own risk. The WKL, or any of their officials, representatives, the sponsors, their officials or representatives are not responsible, under any circumstances, for any damage, loss or injury either ashore or on the water either to persons or equipment,
- Participation in this event is at the sole discretion of the competitor and at his/her own risk.